Drinking lots of water is one of the easiest and best ways to avoid kidney stones. However to help eliminate stones from the urinary tract, experts recommend that you drink 12 glasses of water per day. Drinking water throughout the day can help people stay hydrated and lower their chances of developing it. Few home remedies can quickly dissolve kidney stones. These remedies might not be effective for everyone.
Lemon juice and olive oil with water:
- A few patients have reported success with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice to dissolve kidney stone at home.
- This method claims that you should mix one-fourth of olive oil and equal amounts of lemon juice at the first sign of symptoms.
- Take the mixture straight, then add water. You can repeat the same process later in the afternoon.
- Drink plenty of water throughout your day and, if you can, more lemon juice.
- Lemon juice ( vitamin A and acid) could break down kidney stones. Olive oil can also help with flushing.
Apple cider vinegar, water:
- To treat kidney stones, some patients may use apple cider vinegar.
- It is believed that citric acid in apple cider vinegar dissolves kidney stones, making it easier for the body to pass them.
- Apple cider vinegar is also known to prevent kidney stones from forming by alkalizing blood and urine and encouraging the production of hydrochloric acids in the body.
- Proponents suggest this home remedy. They recommend mixing two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to 8 ounces of water and drinking it frequently throughout the day, particularly before meals.
Basil juice, water:
- Basil’s Acetic Acid can dissolve kidney stones and help reduce pain. Therefore one teaspoon of pure basil juice or extract per day can help to prevent and treat kidney stone.
The mild diuretic effect of steaming asparagus can help to flush it out . Celery, cucumber, and watermelon may be beneficial for some patients.
- Vazhaithandu (banana-stem) juice is a diuretic.
- It increases urine production and pushes out the stone.
- Research has shown that Vazhaithandu can dissolve kidney and urinary stones. However, if patients have large kidney stones, it isn’t clear if the juice is effective.
- Most kidney stones are not soluble.
- Uric acid is responsible for approximately 5 percent of all kidney stones. They can be dissolved by making your urine alkaline.
- The Ural is a medicine that makes the urine less acidic. This helps to dissolve the stone.
- Alkalizers can neutralize the acid in urine so that uric acid crystals are soluble and begin to dissolve.
- To treat struvite stones, you will need to take antibiotics and drugs to reduce the amount of ammonia in your urine.
- No medicine can dissolve large stones.
- A new study has shown that a class approved for treating leukemia or epilepsy could also be effective against kidney stone. It is known as histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDAC). These drugs (Vorinostat, trichostatin) can lower calcium and magnesium levels in the urine. They do this by dissolving the renal stone.
For the best possible treatment, patients should see a Urologist if the stone is too large or causes severe symptoms. Extracorporeal shock wave hydrotripsy (ESWL) is one of the most effective ways to remove it.