Poha is one of the most favorite breakfast of Indians also its consider for weight loss and healthy morning food . It is also consider lightest food for weight loss because poha is low in calories. There are many different ways to make poha. Poha is reach in fiber, iron, vitamins and other nutrients. Also it is helpful to lose weight, it’s the lightest breakfast with probiotics that helps to lose weight. Poha is light food easy for digestion.
Is poha good for weight loss or not?
Poha is light and un-polished sun dried and it’s a good source of carbohydrates. It is easy to digest and also rich in fiber and iron that’s why poha is good for weight loss. Less oil in poha is more beneficial for weight loss. Poha is low in gluten and low gluten help to lose weight. Also poha less in fat and Huge source of healthy carbohydrates that more beneficial for weight loss.
Poha health benefits | Advantages of eating poha
- Helps to lose weight
- Gives morning energy
- Its light food
- Control blood sugar levels
- A good probiotic
- Good for heart
- Huge source of healthy carbohydrates
- Easily digestible
- Rich in iron
- Brain Booster
- Many ways to cook
|60g uncooked poha
|60g cooked poha
|8.5g – 9g
It’s depends on how you cook poha and which vegies added in poha.
calories in poha
In one plate or 100g poha has around 130-150 calories it’s depends on quality of poha and method of recipe. Also added vegies increase calories.
Calories in poha for faster weight loss
its very low in calories and its helpful for weight loss. If you add some vegies in poha then calories of poha increases. One bowl poha contains 250 calories and also you can add other veggies with poha. 100g or 1 plate poha contains 130 calories. you can consume poha as per your requirements .
How much poha should you eat for weight loss
For weight loss it’s a good option because poha is low in calories and also low in fat. For weight loss 1 plate or one bowl poha is enough in short you need minimum 200 – 250 calories as per your body.
Poha Recipe For Weight Loss
- 1 cup poha
- Chopped onions
- Turmeric powder
- 2-3 tablespoon Peanuts
- Chopped green chilies and curry leaves
- Lemon , Oil , Salt and sugar as per need
Steps to make poha
- Rines the cup of poha with ½ cup water
- Dry roast peanuts in pan
- Now heat oil in same pan
- Add curry leaves , onions and green chilies
- Add roasted peanuts and stir
- Now add poha
- Cover the pan and steam for 2 minutes
- Turn off flame and steam for 2 minutes
- After add lemon juice
- Garnish and serve poha
Note: this recipe is for 2 persons.
Can you lose weight by eating poha?
- Yes you can lose weight by eating poha in morning.
Eating poha in dieting is good ?
- As we also discus poha is good source of carbohydrates and irons it’s very light meal in dieting. You can eat poha in dieting or weight loss.
Is poha good for fitness
- it’s a healthy and digestible food and also less in fat. you can consider poha for weight loss in your routine.
can i eat poha after workout
- Poha is very light snack after gym or workout you can definitely eat poha after workout or before workout for weight loss and good health.
In short you can consider Poha in breakfast also helps to reduce weight. Your comment is most valuable thing for us. Hope this article is helpful for you thanks.